Thursday, August 14, 2014

Emilayah


This is Emilayah. She was 12 or 13 when I first met her in 2009. My then 12 year old son and I took an RV trip down to Nashville, Tennessee to visit my sister who is a singer and songwriter there. Emilayah is the daughter of one of my sisters friends and we ended up hanging out at their pool one steaming hot Nashville afternoon.
Well, my son and Emilayah took a liking to one another and before long I wasn't sure if we could tear them away from each other. Phone numbers were exchanged and the texting commenced. As these tween romances go it didn't last long and they have both moved on but we have all made a connection with one another that has lasted.
She must be 18 or 19 now and has grown into a beautiful young woman.
12"x24" Oil on Canvas.

No comments: